Ask The Housing Guru
Ask The Housing Guru is a live weekly interactive radio show for the listener about anything related to real estate, mortgages and credit. We will be taking your calls and answering your emails about the following topics:
- How can I reestablish my credit?
- Can I stop a foreclosure by filing bankruptcy?
- What is a Reverse Mortgage and is it my best option?
- How do I qualify for a Reverse Mortgage?
- Is it better to take out a home equity loan or line of credit?
- What are the benefits of an FHA, VA and conventional loan?
- I’m getting divorced and want to get my ex off the mortgage.
- I’m divorced and want to take money out of my home to pay off my wife and attorney.
- I want to co-sign for my child’s loan – is that a good or bad idea?
The show is for you and is about whatever you want to talk about, so call into the show with your housing questions every Wednesday from 11 to noon on WGN.FM. The phone line into the studio is 312-521-8600 or email TheHousingGuru@wgnradio.com.
David grew up in Des Plaines, graduated Maine East High School in ’84 and Northern Illinois University with a Business degree in ’88. After graduating college David worked as a scrap trader supplying scrap iron and metal to steel mills and foundries throughout the United States and Canada. In August of ’00 David left the scrap industry and began his career in the mortgage business and has originated over a billion dollars of mortgages. In August of ’02, he and his partner opened Townstone Financial.
In August of ’05 David did the loan for Kevin Matthews on air partner Scott MacKay a.k.a “Mo Driver.” After the loan closed Scott invited David on his show to discuss how David helped him and his wife secure his mortgage. As soon as David went on air all the phone lines were jammed for over 30 minutes and thus began David’s radio career. David appeared regularly with Scott, Pete McMurray and Steve Dahl and hosted a three hour show on WGKG before the station changed format. David moved his show to AM 560 WIND four years ago and could be heard there every Saturday from 1 to 3 PM. David is also the mortgage expert for NBC 5 News since ‘09 and he can be seen answering viewers questions during his Ask The Mortgage Man segments.